March 09, 2015

Strawberry Weetabix

In this post- do not expect pretty pictures. 

I mean it. 

Not only is there a lack of photos in this post- but they are not good. 

The well known problem with Weetabix - i.e. that they go soggy really quickly as soon as you put anything wet (usually milk) onto them, means that they are not agreeable to being photographed. And also- I was hungry- I couldn't be bothered to wait for decent light (cause let's face it- that might mean waiting till about 11am right now). And with everything else against me- I wasn't really bothered about even trying to get good photos. I just wanted breakfast.

Now, this Friday is Red Nose Day. I can't do a danceathon. I only have one lesson on Friday so I'll miss the college bake sale. I won't be wearing a red nose (because it'll just get in the way and I'll lose it). I'll be leaving the house before 7.30 so I do not have time to make my face "funny for money". So I will just eat strawberry Weetabix. That okay with everyone?

Seriously- I will donate more than the 5p that goes from me buying a pack of breakfast cereal- but you know- I like to know that together- we can do well buy buying a packet of cereal. Even if it is sweetened. And goes soggy quickly.

However- to just have plain strawberry Weetabix would be pretty boring- right (well- wrong. They are very yummy with just some milk). So how about I fancy them up a bit- make them "yummy" for  instead of funny. Although you can try and make Weetabix funny if you want- but yummy is easier.

So... we start of with these:


And you follow these (awesome) instructions:

  1. Chop up a few dried strawberry's (if you can get the unsweetened kind I would) and a few veggie strawberry marshmallows (if you can't find them then just use any strawberry sweets). You don't want them in a ridiculously tiny dice- but chop them small enough so that you'll get a bit of everything in every bite. If you want- you can top it with fresh strawberries instead of the dried- but it's March and so they will probably taste a bit blah. 
  2. I couldn't get hold of any plain strawberry yogurt (it was always strawberry and something) so I mixed some strawberry milkshake powder and plain yogurt together. If you have strawberry yogurt- skip this step. 
  3. This is the bit where you have to be quick. Lay your Weetabix into a wide bowl. Pour a little bit of milk onto them. Top with the yogurt, strawberries and marshmallows. 
Enjoy!!!


It's very yummy. 

If you want- you can top it with fresh strawberries instead of the dried- but it's March and so they will probably taste a bit blah. 




No comments:

Post a Comment